It’s an easier decision this week…..we have some snow and the conditions look good at Hardwood. Rates are $19 for skiing and $13 for snowshoeing, so it will be most helpful to have the right change (no nickels or dimes !!!). Looking forward to another great day on the trails, Christa ⛷⛷⛷⛷⛷⛷⛷⛷⛷⛷⛷⛷
Contrary to expectations, conditions at Scenic Caves made for a most enjoyable day of skiing and snowshoeing. Leaving bare Toronto city streets behind we looked in vain for snow in Barrie and Collingwood, but then wished we were down-hilling as we saw the white Blue Mountain slopes. At Scenic Caves, we found a good base for snowshoeing and ski trails that were soft and slick, but not icy.
Let’s hope we get lucky again next week in this winter of unpredictable weather, Christa
Good morning, HerringBBs
Although conditions at Highlands Nordic are for experienced skiers only, I feel we are MATURE skiers and can therefore enjoy Scenic Caves tomorrow (January 25). They are working on grooming the trails today and say that snowshoeing is also good.
With any luck there may even be some new snow……Only one trail fee tomorrow: $12 for both skiing and snowshoeing. Please bring the right change, food, drinks and a sunny outlook,
P.S. To see the snow conditions at Scenic Caves, simply click on on the logo above.
Good morning, HerringBBs!
Another iffy situation, but better than last week……You must have been dancing hard, because there is some snow in the forecast. Highlands Nordic seems to be our best bet. I will check with them again tomorrow morning to confirm our Wednesday trip.
Stay tuned, more details to come, Christa ☃
Hello HerringBBs (not too much good about this morning).
Ski resorts closed today, roads very icy, likely no improvement by tomorrow…..
Second trip, tomorrow, is cancelled and we’ll keep our fingers and toes crossed for next week. Helga, Catherine and Pam will call everyone today until we find out how well this post works for conveying last minute information. Keep checking for details of next week’s outing.
Maybe if everyone does a snow dance every day ………….Christa 😂
Happy Blue Monday, HerringBBs!
Weather conditions between now and Wednesday are not in our favour, to put it mildly(!!!)…..Greyhound is allowing us to make the decision by noon Tuesday, so hold on to your hats, skis and snowshoes for an update.
Skiing was tremendous in Haliburton over the holidays and I’m hoping the same is true for Horseshoe this coming Wednesday. They kindly honoured last year’s rates: $15 for skiing and $10 for snowshoeing. Please have the right change each time to make Hedi’s job of collecting easier. Also bring lunch and a hot drink so as not to depend on the offerings in the lounge.
The bus should be in the Lawrence and Leslie parking lot about 8:30 and will leave at 9:00. Parking is free when you display the permit on your dashboard. Permits will be available when you arrive; check with me.
Looking forward to a fabulous start to the 2017 season.