Good morning Herring Belles & Beaux,
For this Wednesday, January 17, we have planned a preview of the party venue, especially for those who have never been: the log cabin awaits us at Scenic Caves – $12 for everyone (easy collecting if you bring a bill and a toonie !)
It’s worth the longer drive…..see you on the bus, Christa
Good morning, Herringbelles and Beaux,
What a morning…..only 10 more weeks of winter ! Let’s enjoy it by going to Highlands Nordic in Duntroon this Wednesday: $14 for skiing and $10 for snowshoeing.
See you on the bus, Christa
Add skating to your winter routine?
A note from member Donald Chu:
“If you are into distance skating, the double rink at Otter Creek is available Sundays, 9 am to 11:45 am.
“Great for doing laps, getting some cardio and staying fit for x-ski season. Otter Creek is located just south of Lawrence Park high school (near Lawrence & Avenue Rd.). Parking and skating is free. The rink has a heated change room with washroom facilities.”
Hello HB&B skiers and snowshoers,
Happy New Year and a big WARM welcome to another great season to all members new and old! We must have all been doing the snow dance faithfully, because we were amply rewarded with the white stuff…..may it continue well into February!
For the benefit of all a few items of information:
1) Parking is again in the east section of the Toronto Botanical Gardens parking lot at Leslie and Lawrence. It continues to be free with the voucher to be handed out on the first Wednesday and to be displayed in your windshield on all following Wednesdays.
2) This week we will go to Horseshoe which despite my best efforts is charging $20 and $12 for ski and snowshoe trail passes. As always, to make collecting on the bus easier, please bring the right change (this does not mean emptying all the change in your piggy bank 🐷).
3) As you know, the bus leaves promptly at 9:00 a.m.
On behalf of all Herring Belles and Beaux, my thanks goes to membership secretary Mary, treasurer Hedi, webmaster Gary, as well as the phoners Helga, Pam and Catherine, without whose great contributions there would be no club. Looking forward to seeing you all on the bus,
Photo by Donald Chu
To all Herring Belles & Beaux:
It’s never too early to plan for our cross-country ski and snowshoe days. Our first trip is Wednesday, January 3, so please join us again and encourage your friends and family to sign up as well. It’s as easy as 1-2-3 — for both returning and new members.
- Find information about the 2018 fees (reduced this year as we had a small surplus at the end of last season) at Who We Are.
- Read about how to renew or join the club at Join Us.
- Complete a copy of the 2018 Membership Form and return it to us by November 24, 2017.
Keep fit and have fun with us. We welcome everyone.
Mary, Christa and Hedi